I can’t create tables in LOBase 5.1 (Ubuntu 16.01) the file odb simply closes.

It has happened after my deleting old odb files. Before it worked OK at my class (11 PC). What can you recommend except deleteng all.

Thank you for comment but all my students and me really’d worked in LOBase until this cleaning ) About java - it’s 8th version was installed and presents now too in all stations of class. I’ve checked it by sudo java -version in terminal. Could there exist any config files or templates where future tables, querys, forms and reports may be fixed?

Having some difficulty understanding you current situation. You state ‘Before it worked OK at my class (11 PC).’ Have you ever created any .odb files and tables on the system where you are having a problem? If not, there are two things to check.

First make sure you have Oracle JRE or OpenJDK installed. Then from menu, select Tools->Options and under LibreOffice->Advanced insure Use a Java runtime environment is checked and a JRE selected in section below that:

image description

Deleting old .odb files should not be the cause any problems.

Edit:

Should have mentioned. Oracle JRE - if LO 32-bit then JRE 32-bit needed; if LO 64-bit then JRE 64-bit needed. Also, there has been some problems with Java 9 (supposedly fixed in the very latest version). You may want to use Java 8 latest revision.