I cannot change from metric to imperial measurement - no "option" in "Tools"

I want INCHES, not CM!! Suggestion is to go to “tools - options-units” There is no “option” in my toolbar menu.
Please help.

Maybe you have a Mac where this setting is found under something like LibreOffice | Preferences.

There are a few other differences between Mac and other OSes, listed in Customising LibreOffice.

Thank you for your suggestion, robleyd. I have a new PC laptop. There is nothing in the customizing LibreOffice that helps.

The program seems hopelessly confusing. I will probably just go with Microsoft.

In the menu Tools > Options > LibreOffice Writer > General (or click Alt+F12 {Alt+Fn+F12 if manufacturer over-rode the F keys} to see the dialogue box, then LibreOffice Writer> General) set the measurement unit to Inch.

While you are in the same dialogue box go to Tools > Options > Language Settings > Languages and make sure you have set the User Interface, Locale Setting, and Default Language for Documents.

Note If you have set the Tabbed interface (similar to Microsoft Word interface) then you might not see the menu. To make the menu visible then on the extreme left near the top there is an icon with a tooltip Menubar, click to toggle visibility of the menus.