I cannot turn off scroll lock

I have seen the arrow keys to move the cursor, but now only scroll is available and the scroll key does not work. How do I turn off scroll and be left with arrows to move the cursor. I turned off the scroll in
Libre Calc in Libre Office Calc View, but the arrows are nowhere to be found? The scroll is now workable for me.

Sorry, I meant NOT workable for me.

Don’t add a comment, but edit your question to correct what is needed. Thanks.

Are you working in a notebook? Maybe you must hold another key (fn?) then press ScrlLk.

Thank you. I did not know I could edit.

I do not have a laptop nor a “Fn” key.
I tried several other keys in conjunction with the scroll lock
and nothing worked. Actually, I do not know if this ever worked in Windows.

LeroyG
July 20

mongulibre333:

I meant

Don’t add a comment, but edit your question to correct what is needed. Thanks.

mongulibre333:

the scroll key does not work

Are you working in a notebook? Maybe you must hold another key (fn?) then press ScrlLk.

When i press the Scr Lk key on my Acer laptop in Windows 11 an icon of a locked padlock (scroll locked, arrow keys scroll window) briefly appears, if I press it a second time an icon of an unlocked padlock (arrow keys move cursor) appears briefly.

If you have Windows 10 or earlier you could try this from Microsoft, Turn off Scroll Lock

Even easier, press the Win key and type OSK (on screen keyboard), click on the suggested app. press ScrLK to turn off Scroll Lock

1 Like

@mongulibre333,
What is your LibreOffice version and operatting system? Thanks.

Libre Office 6.4

Linux Mint OS 20.3
Cinnamon Version 5.2.7
Kernal 5.4.0-91-generic

Thanks.

Bob

Thanks for the input, but this did not work for me.

I downloaded Libre Office 7.3.4.2 on my Windows 10 and both the scroll and arrows work.
Should I update my Libre Office to 7.3.4.2 from 6.4.7.2; what is the best way to install?

Thanks for the input, but this did not work for me.

FYI:
I have 2 computers with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
On the day that Canonical announced the update of Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, I updated a computer to 21.10 and 22.04 in a row. ScrollLock turned on automatically in Calc and could not be turned off. I had to stop using that computer.
Next 7 days, Software Updater app of Ubuntu announced the direct updates from 20.04 LTS to 22.04 LTS, I updated another computer via Ubuntu’s Software Updater app. There is no problem.
Then I did clean install Ubuntu 22.04 LTS on the first computer, there is no problem at all.