I can't "save" or "save as" any of my documents in Office Libre.

This started right after I down-loaded MS Word from the college where I was taking a course. (They let us use MS products for free as students.) I’ve since tried down-loading the latest versions of LibreOffice, and I’ve uninstalled MS Word but neither of these things helped. (I now have LO 7.06 installed.) The error messages I get are “File Not Found” and “The file could not be read for exclusive access by LibreOffice due to missing permission to create a lock file on that location.” I’ve also tried changing the names of my documents under the window directory, but that doesn’t work either, because I can then no longer open them from OL. I don’t have a profile or admin rights for Office Libre because I didn’t set up any. MY OS is 64-bit with Windows10 Home Version. I’ve used OL for years without any major problems, until this happened. Thanks!

It sounds like a security issue. Have a look at my answer (from the heading “Windows” down) to the question asked just before yours. Simply adding soffice.bin to a whitelist/allowed programs list should fix the issue

Uninstalling or re-installing MS Office will have no effect except for changing file associations.

Giving controlled folder access to soffice.bin is a very interesting solution to my problem. Unfortunately, the creators of trojan horses and other malware sometimes name their files “soffice.bin” and that would allow them controlled folder access as well as LibreOffice.

Good point. I wouldn’t take advice from a random guy on the internet; I would read the anti virus instructions.

Here is a link to Windows Defender instructions.

BTW If anti-virus programs were as unsophisticated as you suggest then we would all have viruses, except for those running Linux :slight_smile: