I have lost a saved document

Hello, I am writing my life story and while I was amending the screen went blank and opened a new file.
I always click save when closing a doc., but i cannot find the lost file.
I am desperate Help please.

Can this help?

LibreOffice internal

LibreOffice offers via the menu Tools>Options>Load/Save as ″Save″ the possibility to save the auto recovery information every “X minutes” (“X” stands for the number of minutes). LibreOffice uses the auto recovery info to recover a file after a crash.

A check mark can also be placed there ″ Always make a backup copy ″. This saves the previously saved version of the document in a copy with the extension .bak when you save a document. The next time you save it, it will be overwritten by the next status. This is a measure that is mainly used so that you can go back to an earlier version if you made mistakes when editing a document.

Backup copies are saved in the directory that is set under Tools>Options>LibreOffice>Paths for backup copies. On Windows 10, the backup copies are in the directory by default
C: \ Users \ \ AppData \ Roaming \ LibreOffice \ 4 \ user \ backup
deposited.

Try some of the data recovery techniques in this post. Remember to regularly save using Save As using some sort of file revision system. This is exemplified in the post.

If this answer helped you, please accept it by clicking the check mark :heavy_check_mark: to the left and, karma permitting, upvote it. That will help other people with the same question. In case you need clarification, edit your question (not an answer) or comment the relevant answer.

See [Tutorial] How to recover corrupted, broken, lost or deleted files, and those with #####