I keep getting an error MAPI-E-FAILURE

Every time I try to mail something I am told I don’t have a email program loaded to go to my Default apps and set one up I have no Idea how to do that? Then I get an error MAPI-E-FAILURE. I am running Windows 10 Home 64 Bit.

LibreOffice doesn’t have its own mail client, so it has to rely on a mail client sitting on your computer. On a Windows computer, it will send a request to open the default mail client and attach the file to a blank mail message. Windows will then try to find the default mail app and open it. In your case, there’s no app that meets the requirements. A link to the email service of your email provider in your browser isn’t good enough. You need something like Thunderbird. Install that, and your problem will be fixed. Most other mail client software will do the trick as well, I suppose. But for a long time the mail clients of MS didn’t work.

Most other mail client software will do the trick as well, I suppose.

You need an email client supporting Simple MAPI (see “error MAPI-E-FAILURE”!!!) and since Microsoft decided to move to MAILTO protocol, the choice of clients gets smaller and smaller.

Thanks for that correction. Missed that. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have had the same problem, MAPI_E_Failture. I am using LibraOffice and I have Thunderbird installed and in use. Have also defined Thunderbird as my default mail app.
But still the it will no function.
Can anybody help
Regards Jan

You posted your question as solution. Does it solve the original question? If not, then it should be a comment.

Try in Thunderbird, going to ToolsSettingsGeneralSystem Integration, and clicking Check Now button.

Thanks Mike,

It works now correcly

Jan