Somehow, some of the text fields in my spreadsheet contain tabs. I need to remove them so that I can import the file into another application. I can’t figure out how to use them in a “Find” box. Nor display them so that I can delete them manually.
I don’t know about display, either, but it’s easy enough to find/replace:
CTRL-Hto bring up find/replace dialog.
- Make sure “Other Options” toggle has revealed the other options.
- Check the “Regular expressions” box:
- In “Search for” field, put in:
\t(that’s the regular expression for tab character).
- At this point you can click “Find All”, and the cells with tabs will be selected;
- and/or put your “Replace with” string in, and hit “Replace All”.
Obviously, you might want to work on a copy of your file, or save a back-up first. Screenshot below for what it’s worth: