I updated to 7.0 and now libreOffice wont open files or create new file. does anyone know how I could fix this?

So I recently updated from LibreOffice 6.4 to 7.0.0.3, and it keeps crashing when I either create a new document or try to open an existing one. LibreOffice than will try to recover the document and get stuck as Ive had to end the task multiple times to get the application to boot properly. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application and I still have the same issue. I don’t know if I need to manually delete some files or reinstall with a custom file set, but I would like to get it working.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Test user profile causing the issue:

• Start LibreOffice
  • Restart in Safe Mode using Help -> Restart in Safe Mode and confirm the restart using button: Restart
  • Archive your profile expanding Advanced (click on the word Advanced right above Help button) and click Archive User Profile button
  • Click button Continue in Safe Mode
  • Open a file and test whether the problem is gone

I went into safe mode and that fixed the problem. though it comes back when I try to load things outside of safe mode. I’m guessing that I’ll have to reset all the user data. Do you know the best way to do that?

Hello (according to your test result).

To reset the user profile perform:

• Start LibreOffice
  • Start in Safe Mode using Help -> Restart in Safe Mode and confirm the restart using button: Restart
  • Archive your profile expanding Advanced (click on the word Advanced right above Help button) and click Archive User Profile button
  • Select option Reset to factory settings
  • Activate [x] Reset entire user profile
  • Click button Apply Changes and Restart

Hope that helps.

I did that and everything is working. Thanks a ton!