Icons in custom menu not showing

I have created in Calc one custom menu that points towards macros. The problem is that the icons do not appear, as on the toolbar. As you can see, the place for the icon exists.

The icons appear in the dialog for menu customization (I added them when I created the toolbar).

All built-in menus are OK, icons appear.

I can’t find any settings related to icons in menus.

Windows 11 Pro, all updates

LO Version: 24.2.4.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 51a6219feb6075d9a4c46691dcfe0cd9c4fff3c2
CPU threads: 12; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 22631; UI render: Skia/Vulkan; VCL: win
Locale: ro-RO (ro_RO); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

In the “Tools/Customize/Menus” dialog box, do the icons show in the “Assigned Commands” window?

I can’t replicate your problem.

Version: 24.2.4.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 51a6219feb6075d9a4c46691dcfe0cd9c4fff3c2
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Vulkan; VCL: win
Locale: en-AU (en_AU); UI: en-GB
Calc: CL threaded

Yes. As in image uploaded in the original post.

Apologies I missed that as I thought it was a single screenshot not 2 images.

Can you try “Tools/Options/LibreOffice/View” and check “Force Skia software rendering”. Then restart LibreOffice and see if it still occurs?

This option forces LibreOffice to not use hardware acceleration which occasionally causes similar rendering issues.

I’m to new. So one single upload😀

It was checked. Also Use Skia for all rendering.

This is the log

RenderMethod: raster
Compiler: Clang

And this is the graphic test results

I just received the notification for a new 24.2.4.2. I don’t know why, because I had 24.2.4.2. Anyway, same problem.

:person_shrugging: Not sure what’s going on. I’m just taking educated guesses at this point to try to work out where the problem is. A couple of other ideas:

1. Try changing the icon scheme LibreOffice is using (Tools/Options/LibreOffice/View".
  2. Create a new user profile and see if that resolves it (LibreOffice user profile - The Document Foundation Wiki).

I changed. The custom icons in the toolbar remained the old ones, which is OK, because those from the previous scheme were used. No change. Changed icons from the new scheme to the toolbar, no change.
Returned to the default scheme, deleted and recreated the menu, the same. What is interesting is that even in the list of macros when customizing the menu, the correct icons appear.
I will try with an icon created by me.

Nothing has changed.

A new user profile makes no sense, the problem also appears on another PC, with the same Win + LO configuration

Well that changes things. I can’t replicate it here as I’m running Linux or Windows 10. If it’s happening on multiple Windows 11 PC’s it may be a bug relating to Win 11 and LO. Perhaps someone else running Windows 11 can test it also.

I’d encourage you to report a bug here: https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/

Ok. I will try in a VM.

Yes, W11 is the problem. Filled the bug

1 Like

For those with similar issue, it is
Bug 161971 - Icon in custom menu not visible (Windows 11 / Calc)

Not necessarily a Windows 11 bug - I temporarily have access to a Windows 11 newly built PC and tested this out and it works as expected - the icons show.

So, it’s me. From a engineering point of view :grinning:

1 Like

Test in safe mode, Help - Restart in safe mode - Continue in safe mode