Impress 7.2.2.2 Freezes on slide transition HP Laptop Win 10

I have several presentations which run fine on Dell desktop, running Win 10, but trying to run on HP Laptop results in freezing after any slide - no fancy transitions, just mouse click. Have to shut computer off to gain control. Any advice would be appreciated. Tried some older builds on the laptop with similar results. Tried several different presentations, happens with all of them, and all are good on Dell XPS Desktop. Appears to be a new problem, had run Impress previously with no problem.

Try turning off Skia and see if that works. Click Tools > Options > LibreOffice > View and untick the box Use Skia for all rendering and OK. Check if presentation runs OK.

If it doesn’t make any difference, then see if LO works in Safe Mode: Click Help > Restart in safe mode > Continue in safe mode then run your presentation. If it is OK then you might have to reset your user profile, there are two different methods, I prefer the manual one.

YES! Thank you! I have no idea what “Skia” is and why I would have wanted it, but unchecking the box makes it run perfectly. I thank you, and my soon to come audience thanks you as well.

For those who may be interested:

1 Like

I updated to LibreOffice 7.5 - now the video no longer runs, again. I unchecked Skia, and the screen was black when tried to display. Tried Safe Mode and did not work, either. Wonder if anyone has any new advice, or I may just drop back to version 7.3.