Impress - Recovery from slides not showing on notes page?

I hope I didn’t screw myself too badly. My presentation consists of just full-slide pictures. The notes contain the script I’ll read while the audience is viewing the picture (Think of your parents or grandparents showing 35mm slides of their vacation.) To accomplish this, I used a blank slide: Slide menu → Layout → Blank slide. Despite its name, I found I could still import an image and size and position it to cover the whole slide. This is what I did for all of the slides in my show.
The slides display normally when I show a slideshow. However, if I print or export, either the slides, handouts or notes, the slide images don’t show up.
Is there any way to recover from this decision, other than recreating then entire slide show from scratch? In the future, should I have created a slide master with just an image placeholder covering the entire slide?
Thanks for your advice and suggestions.
-Kevin

Hello @KevinZ,
Do you see the images in the preview of the Print dialog?
Have you inserted the images in Normal mode? It seems that all that you insert in Notes mode will be no printed.
Tested with LibreOffice 7.2.3.2.

1 Like

Hi, @LeroyG, thanks for responding.
No, I cannot see the images in the preview of the Print dialog.
Yes, I inserted the images in the Normal (slide) mode.
The reason I suspect that the placeholders are to blame is that the first slide I made, I just placed it over the placeholders for Title and Contents. After I had to remove the placeholders, I remember about the blank slide, and used that as a Master from that point on.
Again, I think I understand what happened; I’m now looking for a way to remedy it.
Thanks, again.
-Kevin