In Version: 6.3.1.2 (x64) Build ID: b79626edf0065ac373bd1df5c28bd630b4424273, "Save as" won't let me save html files in ODT. Is this a feature or a bug?

I have some html which I need to convert to odt format. In Version: 6.3.1.2 (x64)
Build ID: b79626edf0065ac373bd1df5c28bd630b4424273, I can’t. Is this a new misfeature?

Please describe “Save As” won’t let me in more detail. It’s not a feature, may be a bug and probably some other thing.

I downloaded a webpage using the ctl-s from Firefox. I’m a teacher; I was downloading this so it could be edited for a student who needed larger fonts than the site’s generated pdf (“print” button), and my experience with pdf to document conversion software (even Adobe’s) for documents with images or complex formatting is not great.

I was able to open the document in Writer and make the required edits; when I tried to save it in .odt format the option was greyed out.

Just checked with my version of LibreOffice (6.3.2.2) and this worked (nothing is greyed out). Did you already try to reset your user profile. Recently there was another question related to Find&Replace options greyed out, which could be fixed by an user profile reset - so it’s worth to try / you may fake a full reset by working through all of your steps after having started in Safe Mode Help -> Restart in Safe Mode -> Button: Continue in Safe Mode. If that works in Safe Mode then probably your user profile has some defect and you need to reset to factory settings (see also dialog mode Reset to factory settings after having restarted using Help -> Restart in Safe Mode)