Indentation issue when converting to html

The piece of html code posted in the question should not be expected to cause a visible indentation because the indent value is negative (-1/4in) and compensates exactly the left-margin setting (1/4in).
The OQ told the html file was made from a “word document”. No further information. I can only tell that the code is accepted by my browser, and if I insert a hard line break <br> and onother piece of text behind the given piece the indentation of the second line is as expected. But this doesn’t contain anything about LibO now.

No progress possible without
-1- An example “word document” of the kind producing the issues
-2- A reasonably precise explanation of in what way the supposed issue shows.

Editing after some analysis of the finally attached example of the OQ’s.
Imo the file is not to be expected to create a html code rendering to numbered paragraphs. To achieve this the following steps should help (they don’t):

Select the group of concerned paragraphs  
Apply the List Style `Numbering 1` (e.g.) using the `Styles and Formatting` dialogue. 
Remove the numbering ny hand you had applied previously.  

This doesn’t solve the issue - and that’s clearly a bug now. You may add a space in front of every first word in every first line to compensate for the error approximately. (Not good.)

By the way: There were lots of unneeded <span>s in the original.

I don’t know remedy. Did you actually file a bug? (I didn’t find it yet.) If so, please give a link here.
(I fond th link to tdf# meanwhile in a comment by @mikekaganski above.)