Insert empty table into each label?

I can do a mail merge and pull addresses from a table to print mailing labels. But I can’t figure out how to insert a blank table into a label. “Table > Insert” is greyed out when I am working on a label.

I am trying to make identical labels with identical tables on each label. I will use the labels on batteries so that I can record the results when I test a battery. The column headings are “date”, “condition”, Load V", Load A", and “Open A.” Then there are about 5 blank rows where I can write the results each time I test a battery.

“Table > Insert” is greyed out…

You cannot insert a table at this point.

Example:

To be able to insert a table, you must create a blank label document.
In the empty document you can then insert, label and synchronize a table.

Procedure:

In Writer, choose File>New>Labels.

In the “Labels” dialog, select the desired label without address or data assignment.

In the “Options” tab, select Synchronise contents and choose New Document.

You will now see the empty label document.

Place the cursor in the (!)upper left(!) label.
Select Table>Insert Table from the menu.

In the “Insert Table” dialog, enter the values for your table and then click Insert.

The table was inserted into the label document.
Enter your headings and adjust the font size if necessary.

Now click on “Synchronise Labels”.

You now have the table available on all labels.

Example file:

81053 HB Insert empty table into each label.odt (18,7 KB)

5 Likes

…“Synchronize Labels” button–it was floating near the top left corner of my screen, far from the document window.

Yes, that seems to be a problem, that this little window is not where you expect it to be.
If you want, you can write a bug report about this on Bugzilla.

How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice

Thanks, Hrbrgr. I appreciate the detailed, illustrated instructions. It works but I don’t see a “Synchronize Labels” button. I used Tools > Update > Update All, which filled the page. Later I did find the “Synchronize Labels” button–it was floating near the top left corner of my screen, far from the document window.

1 Like