Installed 3.5.5 Twice, Still Being Nagged to Update

A couple of days ago, I got the nag message that there was an update for LibreOffice. I downloaded the installer for 3.5.5 plus the help file and installed them as usual. As soon as I opened up LibreOffice again, the nag message came right back. I looked at the version and it was 3.5.4.2. Thinking maybe my computer had not fully absorbed the change, I ignored it. Today, I thought I would make sure I did it right as I was still being nagged. I again downloaded 3.5.5 and the help file and made extra sure I did not click on the older 3.5.4 installer. Everything went as normal. After I was done, the version still shows as 3.5.4.2 and I am still getting the nag message.

So…what’s going on?

Did you try to completely (!) uninstall LO and then reinstall it?

What is your Operating system?

tohuwawohu…I will try doing that in the morning…this is on my owrk computer so I can’t always devote the time.

tohuwawohu…I will try doing that in the morning…this is on my owrk computer so I can’t always devote the time.

mariosv…Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Try resetting the user profile: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile

First, I apologize for taking so long to get back to this.

Second, I apologize for forgetting that hitting Enter posts a comment instead of going down a line. :-s Resetting the user profile did not work. A plain uninstall and reinstall did not work wither. I had to clean out all leftover LO folders and remove all registry entries and then reinstall.

(posting content as an Answer so we can close-out this question properly)

@KoHoSo reports (Aug 6 '12):

Resetting the user profile did not work. A plain uninstall and reinstall did not work wither. I had to clean out all leftover LO folders and remove all registry entries and then reinstall.