Is removing unwanted extensions possible?

In 3.5.3.2 (Ubuntu 12.04), I notice several extensions that I did not install myself. They have lock symbols and it’s not possible to delete them from Extension Manager. Is there any other way?

System-wide LO extensions bundled with Ubuntu should reside in their respective directories under /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/extensions or other location like /etc/libreoffice3.5/share/extensions (as @chimak111 found, see comments).

I would suggest you don’t delete but move folders to backup location, in case you need them later or something doesn’t work afterward. To do any of these operations you have to be root, from terminal issue sudo mv <parameters> or start graphical file manager with gksu nautilus.

In my case, it’s a direct install from the LibreOffice site and maybe that’s why I find the extensions folder at /etc/libreoffice3.5/share/extensions. I’ll try first with a dictionary.

@luyu, your answer works for me but please edit it to include the possibility that the extensions maybe found as I indicated in the previous comment, at least for some users.

Actually you shouldn’t just delete these files but use package manager (Software center or Synaptic) instead to remove these. If this is not possible (they come in bundles or are dependencies for something you really need), you could just disable these from Extension Manager. Few KBs don’t hurt.

@mahfiaz The question refers to bundled extensions that cannot be removed using either package manager or LibreOffice Extension Manager. If backup and not removal is done as suggested in the answer, extensions can be restored if needed. As for disabling them, lock might prevent this too.