It is suddenly no longer possible to make a chart in impress

While I was in the middle of editing previous charts I’d made, and began making a new one, the app began behaving very strangely. I’d told it that I wanted the Y axis to be measured in percentages, but when I typed in “26”, for instance, the number just sat there in the cell and wouldn’t change to 26%. Typing in “26%” only yielded “.26”, as though it hadn’t accepted my formatting, which was strange since I was looking at the Y axis and it was clearly marked in percentages.

I’d chosen a bar and line combination graph, but neither the lines nor the bars showed up, at all. It stayed blank, no matter how much info I typed into it.

So I went looking for recent updates to the app, found one and (after the first update failed), managed to finally install the updated version. Then I went back to my chart… and it was even worse.

The bars and lines still don’t show up, the Y axis is still labeled with percentages, which the chart information won’t show, but now instead of my X axis starting at “8 am” as my chart info had it… the X axis started at a date from 1899? And then progressed into the early 20-teens. So I went back to my info, which still clearly started with “8 am”. And then I assumed that maybe I should tell the program I wanted the X axis to be measured with time. So I clicked “Time”, went through all the steps to label everything with “8:00 am” (which the chart info automatically switched to “8:00:00 AM”, despite my having chosen the former as formatting…) aaaand I went back to the chart itself. And now the entire X axis says “12:00 AM”, repeating for every single row. Even though that is not what my chart info says, at all.

I have restarted the program three times. This is very frustrating and also bizarre.

• reboot
  • test safe mode, if your user profile were corrupted bevor your update, this was not touched by updates, so any error will be still there…
  • check, if you have backups from your files.
  • maybe test, if you can still edit an older project similiar to this case.

On strange behaviour during work, don’t continue, but save a copy, close LibreOffice and reboot.