Just installed the newest version of LibreOffice and Database is greyed out

LibreOffice 4.1.1, Kubuntu 13.04,Oracle java

I’m on Ubuntu 13.04, and like you, I thought I had the whole LibO suite installed.

However, when I tried to invoke the bibliography module from Writer, it told me Base wasn’t installed. In Writer, go to Tools > Bibliography Database, and select it. When I did that, I was offered Base to install, which it did, and it’s now working fine.

Odd, though.

On Windows XP it is even worse. I didn’t install Base because I don’t need it. When Tools | Bibliography Database is selected then LibreOffice crashes. I reported a bug few months ago, but was closed because “It works for me” but, but I told them that this is because of the not installed Base, but was just refused…

Is Jave select in Menu/Tools/Options/LibreOffice/Advanced?

I have not Ubuntu, but I think base is not installed by default. Take a look to this thread: http://askubuntu.com/questions/156148/how-can-i-install-libreoffice-base

So i got it to work. It would seem there were some libraries missing. I used sudo apt-get install libreoffice-base and it installed the base program with everything needed to make it work. Thanks everyone.