Keep line justified when creating new paragraph in Draw

Here’s a video showing what I’m trying to do:

YouTube Video

I can’t figure out a way to keep the line justified without creating an empty line below it.

For things like shown in the

: - it’s a Writer document - you should better use the Writer.
If (!) Draw really is your app to work with you could edit your text in Writer an then (copy and) paste it as a WriterOrject in Draw.

I think that you want a Drop Cap; it is easier in Writer.

In Writer you can copy the artistic letter from the original as an image and just anchor it at the beginning of the text and that will keep the look although the first word would have to lose its first letter, possibly creating a spelling error but the rest of the text can just flow normally

Or, you can make the first letter a drop cap in Format > Paragraph, although better as a paragraph style that you can apply to starting paragraphs for each chapter. There is no need then to have special paragraph breaks, just let the text flow. You can see that there are options for number of characters, lines and spacing. If you create a new character style you can have that applied to the first letter, I made a style FancyDrop with a very ornate font.

Well, it looks to me that justification will be maintained.
What is not retained is the directly formatted indent.
Unfortunately, and I miss it too, there are no paragraph styles in Draw, you have to format all the changes you want directly (as for text).
The reason is probably because Draw is originally a drawing component of LibreOffice.

If I look at your video correctly, you can most likely edit your work better in Writer.

2 Likes

I don’t understand exactly what you’re trying to do with Draw. The overall job looks more like formatting a document which can ideally be done in Writer.
If your goal is to make a true fac-simile of the original work with regard to page breaks (which seems to me the only motivation for trying to use Draw), there is no guarantee of success because the metrics for the fonts are not the same as the original lead typography. You can however mitigate the effect by a very careful design of your styles (paragraph and character) and page geometry (page styles).

Anyway, you’ll be much more comfortable with Writer than with Draw.

2 Likes