[LibO 5.1.5 on debian 8.5] writer close without asking to save, in need of an AUTOMATIC Incremental saving function

I know this comment is not apparent, but anyone getting to this post directly should know there is an additional function available for this process. It allows the user a choice of the number of backup copies to be retained. There is also notation on how to place each different files’ backup in a separate subdirectory. Please see my answer in this post - click here.

I never think about saving my work till the end of the day, and I won’t begin, as it’s not my job.

Sorry, but it is your job. When I took computer classes, back in the eighties, we were told that we were to save our work every fifteen minutes or so, to keep loss of work as a result of a power cut or computer crashes to an acceptable minimum. Until there’s an inbuilt way to auto-save your work every 15 minutes, it’s up to you.

Sorry but for sometime now, since the eighties, word processors have an autosave function that saves the current file, in place, every how ever many minutes you want.

This is a feature so often requested but it is always dismissed. It is the one reason I go off in search of other word processors for Linux. On Windows I will use Word – which does have this feature – but I like to spend most of my time in Linux.

The eighties was a long long time ago. I was in computer school about that time and have come to expect better.