Libre 7.6 create image watermark in writer how

Can’t figure out how to create image watermark in writer doc, only front page. Any help appreciated

First, you will need an image. It should have low contrast and high brightness so it does not interfere too much with readability. You should make these adjustments first in an image editor and save the image, jpg is normally a good choice for photos, or png or svg if you have a reduced number of colours, for example in drawn shapes.

Choose which page style will have the watermark, in this I use Default Page Style which is the one you get when you open a new document.

1. Right click on the page and select Page Style (or click Format > Page Style Alt+Shift+P)
  2. In the dialogue that opens, select the Area tab, then click on the button Image
  3. Click the Add/Import button and add your saved image. Give it another name if needed.
  4. Select Stretched or Custom position/size for a photo; tiled might work better for a shape. Click OK

WatermarkAsImage2.odt (227.2 KB)

[Edit]
I modified the document to add a different page style with a decorative page border as a sort of watermark

Ty got it. Been away from MS Word for 12 years, and used Libre office a little. Things sure have changed since I was in IT.

The Writer Guide is a useful reference, download from English documentation | LibreOffice Documentation - LibreOffice User Guides