Libre Calc area not large enough cuts off image in comment

I got to the point in Excel where I know what I am doing. I don’t crunch a number but like to do pedigrees. For these, each name in a cell has a comment with a picture…

I thought I could now manage Libre Calc. But frankly putting pictures in comments is a nightmare! The area cuts off part of the picture, so obviously the area is not large enough. But how do I adjust?

What is mystifying, if I click on show picture, it is as it should be.
But if I don’t show the picture and hover over to pop up, the right side of the picture is partially cut off.

I would love for the comment to auto-adjust to the size of the picture. It would make things so much easier!

Thanks for any help.
Jane

Please specify for all requests: Operating system, LibreOffice version (four digits, e.g. 7.6.5.1), file type in which the file is saved. Thank you very much.

I downloaded the latest Libre Office 24.2.5 - 7.6.4.1 Win x86-64 msi
I have Windows 22H2 22621.3296
Opened a spreadsheet I did in Excel, and very first thing I did was to save as ods.
Tried several Excel spreadsheets into Libre Office, and all of them squish the picture in comment on hover over.
Show comment shows the normal size.

I was experienting in L.O. trying to figure out how to unsquish a picture in comment.
This is when the picture got cut off on hover over but still is normal in show picture.
What do I do now?

As there was no help offered, I fixed the problem miself. I uninstalled Libre Office. And went to WPS Office. The WPS spreadsheet looks and acts exactly like Microsoft Excel. Now there isn’t any more problem.

Nobody is perfect! Sorry!

When the comment field is displayed, you can enlarge the comment field as required or adapt it to the image.

108381 HB Image in comment