Libre Office 7.1 Win 10 only opens in safe mode

HI Folks
System spec is Win 10 Home, V 21Hi, OS 19043.1237
LibreOffice 7.1.6

Downloaded updated LibreOffice yesterday - then LibreOffice refused to run.
I get the little circular arrow thing for a few seconds - then nothing.

Did a complete uninstall of LibreOffice, then reinstall.
Now I get the option of running LibreOffice in ‘safe’ mode - which works, but not in normal mode.

Doing and %ProgramFiles%\LibreOffice\program\soffice opens up a black window which closes after a few seconds.

I tried deleting appdata/roaming/LibreOffice/4, but this didn’t alter the situation.
Trying to run LibreOffice resulted in the folder being recreated, but LibreOffice didn’t open.

Running in ‘safe’ mode offers me various options to fix the problem - which of these is recommended? - or do I need to do something else to get back to normal operation.

Many thanks
Adrian

See After upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1 LO will not open
You can downgrade to 7.1.5.2 and just use that until 7.1.7.x comes out, or in 7.1.5.2 go to Tools - Options - LibreOffice - View and untick Use Skia for all rendering. You can then upgrade to 7.1.6.2. Cheers, Al

Hi Al. Thanks a million for the reply!
I couldn’t see 7.1.5 for download, so I’m trying the only other earlier version I could find which is 7.0.6 - so I will try that… unless you can point me to a download of 7.1.5.2?

Thanks
Adrian

The following link is at the bottom of the LO download page: Older versions of LibreOffice (no longer updated!) are available in the archive

Linked from same page is the archive. 7.1.5.2 is at Index of /libreoffice/old/7.1.5.2/win

Cheers, Al

HI Al
OK - I see that folder - not sure just to to handle that from a browser (Chrome) though?
Sorry for not being clued-up…
Adrian

If you have a 64bit version of windows then follow the x86_64 download LibreOffice_7.1.5.2_Win_x64.msi

Ah Thanks…
Sorry to be so dense.

Anyway - got the earlier version (7.06) running now - so I’ll probably leave that just like that until the 7.1.7 release comes out - got 10 other things to do at the moment and have spent a few hours on this already…

If this is a problem that affects lots of users, maybe there should be a note on the download page to warn people?

Many thanks for your help - appreciate it
Adiran

No it only affects a very few graphics chips. Skia is Google development and they don’t have a stable version, only latest version.
7.2.2.x will be out sooner than 7.1.7.x, see https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan

Grand - thanks for the explanation…
All these interdependencies are a nightmare, aren’t they? (I’ve been in s/w dev since the '80s)

I’ll leave well alone until 7.2.2 is out…

Thanks
Adrian