Libre Office does not open after download

I have copied the Libre Office icon down to the bottom of the screen, but Libre Office does not open, when I click.

Have you installed LibreOffice? Installation Instructions | LibreOffice - Free and private office suite - Based on OpenOffice - Compatible with Microsoft

Indeed, yes.
I installed the new Libre Office - quite ordinarily.
The new Libre-icon appeared on the screen, but does not react, when I double-click on it.
I copied the Libre-icon down to the bottom of the screen, but also this icon does not react, when I click one time on it.

What operating system are you using?
Have you restarted the system?
Your security software might be blocking LibreOffice from running. Add soffice.bin to it’s Allowed list

My basis is Windows.
Yes, I did reboot my computer after downloading Libre Office.
I even completely switched off the computer for the night.
I still can not open my old files, also not from the “pathfinder” overview.
When I try to install an older version of Libre Office, I am told to uninstall my new download of Libre Office.
Alas, I can not decipher where the Libre Office programme is situated on my computer.
I am planning to visit my local data-shop in town and ask them to solve the problem.
Thank you for your Artificial concern.

A question without details can get only artificial concern. Without any information from you I could not give any detailed help. See the pinned article on how to ask a question.
Try reinstalling LibreOffice. Also see this page, General Installation Issues (Windows) - The Document Foundation Wiki
If you run Malwarebytes anti virus then I believe there can be problems in allowing programs to work.

The usual way to uninstall any program on Windows is to go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features , look down the list to find the program, right click it and select Uninstall. You don’t need to know where the programme is installed, nor its registry entries, nor anything else.