LIBRE OFFICE WILL NOT PRINT IN COLOR

LIBRE OFFICE 4.3 USING DELL WINDOWS 7. HAVE CHECKED ALL MY PRINTER SETTINGS AND NONE ARE SELECTED TO GRAYSCALE. MY PRINTER TESTS NORMAL AND PRINTS COLOR. WHEN I TRY TO PRINT FROM LIBRE OFFICE, EVERYTHING IS IN BLACK AND WHITE. I CAN’T FIGURE OUT WHAT I AM MISSING. EVERYTHING PRINTS IN COLOR EXCEPT FROM LIBRE OFFICE!

deals with a similar question.

The LibreOffice Writer Guide Chapter 5 and the Help Function (PF1) discuss the printing of black and white on a colour printer. so you may need to check that you have not set these options on. If it only LibO with this problem it could be these settings.

If your font colour is set to a colour and the printout is black this may be due to the printer settings. On my system using the PRINT SETTINGS or PRINT shows a PROPERTIES setting. This gives a PAPER tab (Paper Size, Orientation etc.) and a DEVICE Tab, which in turn leads to a OUTPUT MODE. This should be set to COLOR. Perhaps this is set to Black.

A second place to try is the TOOLS > OPTIONS > LIBREOFFICE WRITER > PRINT > PRINT TEXT IN BLACK. this will also overwrite your colour setting.

hope this helps Peter