LibreOffice 7.0.6 Installation Issue

My computer operation is Windows 10. I have LibreOffice version 7.05.2. I have tried several times to install LibreOffice 7.06 but it won’t install. The msi file looks as if it’s installing, but when the window showing the progress vanished, the updated version isn’t installed. And there isn’t any message to explain why it won’t. Is there anyone who has had this problem and has found a solution?

Fixed title (there is no version 7.06)

• Please specify, where it fails.
  • How do you determine that it doesn’t install?
  • Which operating system do you use?

Did you follow the link directly above your comment in question I cannot install the latest version…? If so why wouldn’t you then provide the information asked for in the comments in the linked question Microsoft blocks my download… ?

By providing even less information than the other questioners, you are not going to get any response relevant to your unknown operating system or to your unknown error messages.

Did you disable or turn off your anti virus during installation? See General Installation issues (Windows)

If your antivirus software has a list of allowed sites, add the Libre download page to that list. This will allow not only the page to load in your browser but also everything it has to offer (the msi file).

This is a confusing solution to the question. The question mentions “the msi file looks as if it’s installing” and thus implies, that the download itself has been successful, while this answer addresses a download problem.

Possibly something to with SmartScreen?

I remember that Internet Explorer would download and install on a single click; maybe Edge browser downloads and installs on single click too? It would explain the confusion.

To Opaque: By allowing the page of the downloads at the Libre site, you allow components within that page to be allowed as well. It’s in the way the HTML is written.

Can’t be SmartScreen because it says what it is doing: “When the Microsoft Defender SmartScreen block is shown, click View Downloads”. Anyway, it shouldn’t block LibreOffice according to FAQ. Most established AV programs wouldn’t block LO site.

@gjjolly

By allowing the page of the downloads at the Libre site, you allow components within that page to be allowed as well. It’s in the way the HTML is written.

??? - no further comment please.

To Earnest Al: My AV, Malwarebytes, seemed to have been the culprit that stopped the file from being downloaded. After adding the download page to its allowed list, the msi file finally downloaded. I studies HTML several years ago, and I do know that certain actions can be prevented or allowed through how it is written.