LibreOffice Always is Dark

I like dark mode as much as the next dark mode lover. But, I am baffled by a couple of things.

First, sometimes the menus become unreadable. Images 1, 4, 5. In another board, someone stated it is a bug.

The other issue is that the background of Writer, Calc, etc are also dark. Images 3, 6.

I have gone as far as completely uninstalling the program, cleaning files, and removing redundant registry entries of Libre. A fresh install of it and the dark background remain.

No idea why everything so dark when I have not even set any dark theme on it.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

What operating system and version? What LibreOffice version?
Click Help - About LibreOffice click the icon next to Version Information to copy text to clipboard.
Click the pencil icon to edit your question and paste the information into your question.

If you are on Windows 10 or 11 and have Dark Mode set in Windows then:

• LibreOffice 7.3.7.2 - LO stays light
  • LO 7.4.x - if experimental Features enabled in Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Advanced then you will probably get normal dark mode but for some computers there might be issues with the menus. Turn off experimental mode if you don’t want it.
  • LO 7.5.0.3 - By default LO picks up OS setting for dark mode. There is no setting to alter. Upgrade to 7.5.1.2 if you want to turn off Dark Mode for LO but keep Windows Dark Mode.
  • LO 7.5.1.2 - By default LO picks up OS setting for dark mode. There is a new setting in Tools > Options > LibreOffice > View, select in Mode from System, Light, or Dark. See comment LibreOffice 7.5 - change from dark mode to normal - #12 by mikekaganski

Make sure Themes are not used in Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Personalisation

You can make the page dark too in Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Application Colours > Scheme and set to LibreOffice Dark

Oops. Sorry.

Windows 11 Pro, not using dark mode.
Libre 7.5.0.3

Will try 7.5.1, which I thought I was using…

Third bullet point applies then, upgrade to LO 7.5.1.2 with the option to turn off dark mode for LO.

The issue with dark writing in dark menus for some users might be fixed, I don’t know. If the dark menus persist you could try:

1. Try changing the settings relating to Skia in Tools > Options > LibreOffice > View
  2. See if issue exists in LibreOffice safe mode (Help > Restart in Safe Mode > Continue in Safe Mode). If OK in Safe mode then backing up and then resetting user profile might work
  3. Post a bug report, see First steps to take before submitting a bug - The Document Foundation Wiki and then How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice - The Document Foundation Wiki

7.5.1.2 works!
Thank you.