Libreoffice base file became 0 bytes after last edit

Hi community!

I have a severe problerm with the base file that I was working with. I modified it on yesterday last time and then turned off my computer. Today I wanted to keep working with it however the file size became 0 bytes and when I open it, it opens as a blank writer file.

This is how it looks now and I’ve lost all the work that I’ve been doing for days.
Is there any way to recover or it is all dead?

0 bytes would say all. There is nothing in the file.
I would start with the last backup.
Did you use internal HSQLDB-database or did you connect to an external database? With external database no data will be saved in the database file, which is much safer than packing all content in the file while closing the file.
How did you close LibreOffice after you have worked with the file? 0 bytes look like all has been crashed, not that Base file has been saved.

Thank you @RobertG!

Yes, it has internal HSQLDB.

I closed it as always I do, saved the files and then pressed the close button. I haven’t seen any crash alert when I closed the file. Why would something like this happen?

I’ve been working with the same file on different machines (work and home computers). Could this affect the situation?

On which location did you save the Base file?
If you are working on different machines: Did you copy the file on harddisk, work with the file and copy the file back on a stick to work at another location?
I have never used a Base file on a stick, so I don’t know if this might be a problem.

@isahillioglu
Warning!:
Observe the memory stick or external hard disk until the indicator lamp stops flashing or the operating system releases the external memory.

I just use the usb stick for transporting the file. I neither edited nor saved this file on the stick.
Please let me know if I sould provide further details. Thank godness I saved a backup on the work machine so I will fall back to that copy.

Well, then you might have a backup copy o that stick.

I moved the file from the stick. But I do have a few backups on the work machine.