I noticed this yesteday suddenly in Eclipse+DBeaver where Office-plugin has been installed. It used to work to export database result to Excel xlsx-file through context menu: “Open with > Excel”. It would open the result table in LibreOffice Calc (Linux Fedora30, libreoffice-calc-18.104.22.168-1.fc30.x86_64)
The file 20190911-101445.xlsx’ is
corrupt and therefore cannot be
opened. LibreOffice can try to repair
The corruption could be the result of
document manipulation or of structural
document damate due to data
We recommend that you do not trust the
content of the repaired document.
Exicution of macros is disabled for
Should LibeOffice repair the file?
If I choose Yes:
The file '20190911-101445.xlsx could not be repaired and therefore cannot be opened.
And then LibreOffice Calc just quits. If I choose not to repair, Calc opens “Text Import” dialog, where the content is jibberish, like binary code in UTF8 chars.
Now LibreOffice Calc cannot open any old .XLSX Excel-files from filesystem which used to work before. So it seem not to be Eclipse+DBeaver+Office_plugin problem.
WELL, I was going to delete this post as I got this solved, but decided to leave this anyway, and tell why it was broken and how I got it fixed.
Yesterday I installed libreoffice meta-package to Fedora: “dnf install libreoffice”. I had working Libreoffice tools already then, but when I re-installed Office-plugin to Eclipse+DBeaver, I thought I would need those as the metapackage “libreoffice” was found in Fedora repositories. That brake the MS-Office support.
I tried to do: dnf history undo XXX, which was the transaction which installed that libreoffice meta-package and packages which are included in it:
Removed: firebird-22.214.171.124054-3.fc30.x86_64 firebird-utils-126.96.36.199054-3.fc30.x86_64 flute-1.3.0-20.OOo31.fc30.noarch libbase-1.1.3-20.fc30.noarch libfonts-1.1.3-23.fc30.noarch libformula-1.1.3-20.fc30.noarch libib-util-188.8.131.52054-3.fc30.x86_64 liblayout-0.2.10-18.fc30.noarch libloader-1.1.3-19.fc30.noarch **libreoffice-1:184.108.40.206-1.fc30.x86_64** **libreoffice-base-1:220.127.116.11-1.fc30.x86_64** librepository-1.1.3-19.fc30.noarch libserializer-1.1.2-20.fc30.noarch ongres-scram-1.0.0~beta.2-7.fc30.noarch ongres-scram-client-1.0.0~beta.2-7.fc30.noarch pentaho-libxml-1.1.3-19.fc30.noarch pentaho-reporting-flow-engine-1:0.9.4-17.fc30.noarch postgresql-jdbc-42.2.6-1.fc30.noarch
After this LibreOffice Calc supported XLSX files again without problems, also from Eclipse+DBeaver.
Now still these libreoffice packages are installed and were also before the libreoffice-metapackage was installed (which is now undone):
# rpm -qa|grep libreoffice libreoffice-help-en-18.104.22.168-1.fc30.x86_64 libreoffice-pdfimport-22.214.171.124-1.fc30.x86_64 libreoffice-ure-common-126.96.36.199-1.fc30.noarch libreoffice-draw-188.8.131.52-1.fc30.x86_64 libreoffice-filters-184.108.40.206-1.fc30.x86_64 libreoffice-writer-220.127.116.11-1.fc30.x86_64 libreoffice-math-18.104.22.168-1.fc30.x86_64 libreoffice-emailmerge-22.214.171.124-1.fc30.x86_64 libreoffice-data-126.96.36.199-1.fc30.noarch libreoffice-x11-188.8.131.52-1.fc30.x86_64 libreofficekit-184.108.40.206-1.fc30.x86_64 libreoffice-xsltfilter-220.127.116.11-1.fc30.x86_64 libreoffice-gtk3-18.104.22.168-1.fc30.x86_64 libreoffice-core-22.214.171.124-1.fc30.x86_64 libreoffice-ure-126.96.36.199-1.fc30.x86_64 libreoffice-graphicfilter-188.8.131.52-1.fc30.x86_64 libreoffice-langpack-en-184.108.40.206-1.fc30.x86_64 libreoffice-opensymbol-fonts-220.127.116.11-1.fc30.noarch libreoffice-calc-18.104.22.168-1.fc30.x86_64 libreoffice-pyuno-22.214.171.124-1.fc30.x86_64 libreoffice-impress-126.96.36.199-1.fc30.x86_64
So, something in those removed packages broke the MS-Office support for LibreOffice.