LibreOffice deletes folder with structure.xml (.dotx)

We have recently encountered a problem when working with a document:

LibreOffice deletes the markup when you open .dotx file in it.
We added an additional folder with a structure.xml file to the .dotx archive according to all standards, but libreOffice deletes this folder and file, even though the format and standards do not prohibit it.

So the question is how can we view / edit .dotx files with LibreOffice and save this additional folder with structure.xml file.

Is the custom XML part mentioned in the package relationships?

Could you upload an example of such a template?

Can’t add .dotx files here, upploaded them to my google drive.
First file and screenshot is before opening in Libre. We have custom folder (doczilla) with structure.xml in it.
The second file and screenshot - after saving file in Libre - doczilla folder with .xml file is erased.

Before:
beforeLibre

after:
afterLibre

I downloaded your file from Google drive in MS Word format. When I try to open the file in MS Word, it gives a content error.
You can upload a file directly in the forum while editing a message using the center button on the toolbar.

You can rename that to something like foo.dotx.docx

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1hGNBGnTNAJhBr6skA_AP_44DmDNFwXeF is the direct link

1 Like

Cheat with the Discourse engine (used for the AskLO site): add an .odt extension to your file, e.g. sample.dotx becomes sample.dorx.odt.

Document after saving in Libre.dotx.docx (19.7 KB)
Correct document (before saving in Libre).dotx.docx (33.6 KB)

I can confirm the author’s observations.
When saving a file in MS Word, additional folders are saved.
When saving a file in LibreOffice Writer, additional folders are not saved.

Another example. In the Book1.xlsx archive there is an “additional” file \xl\jsaProject.bin.
If the file is opened and saved in MS Excel, the “additional” file is saved.
If the file is opened and saved in LibreOffice Calc, the “additional” file is not saved.

Book1.xlsx (8.1 KB)

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

File a bug report?