Libreoffice pasts something similar to previous clipboard content instead of copied contents from other App

For me topic 54145 is still a problem with Installation of Version:7.2.1.2 (x64); Build ID: 87b77fad49947c1441b67c559c339af8f3517e22; CPU threads: 12; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19042; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win; Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE; Calc: threaded | my default User Profile.also see Bug 62196 . LibO will continue pasting some older clipboard contents even after I have deleted WIN clipboard contents.

I am pretty sure that this problem is related to my User Profile. Any suggestions to narrow down the roots of the problem?

Or even a workaround?

CU

Rainer

Currently my experience is that quit / Relaunch LibO heals the problem for 1 time

I work with LO on a regular basis and do not encounter this error.
Version: 7.2.2.2 (x64) / LibreOffice Community

Build ID: 02b2acce88a210515b4a5bb2e46cbfb63fe97d56
CPU threads: 6; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19042; UI render: default; VCL: win
Locale: ru-RU (ru_RU); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

Please check restart in safe mode.

If you fill the buffer with Notepad, does the error reproduce?

Most likely cause is that you are using a broken clipboard “manager” (aka destroyer).

If you think it is related to user profile you could test by:

• test in Safe Mode (Help > Restart in safe mode. then Continue in Safe Mode) and see if it happens there. Or
  • Close out of LibreOffice. Rename your User folder from user to something like user2021-11-19. Then start LibreOffice with a brand new user profile. If no problems then you could overwrite the template, wordbook, autocorrect, etc. folders in the new user profile with the previous folders, make sure not to copy across config.
  • Test a portable version of LibreOffice (which can be run concurrently)
  • Install a separate installation of LibreOffice (using Separate Install GUI is the easiest way) and run concurrently to test pasting when you have a problem.

Today I observed the opposite from earlier results: Copy from other App worked for 7.2.1.2 with default user profile, but not for 7.3.0.0 with separate user profile (running in parallel). Vage suspect: related to have running and trying to copy from

PC WORX EXPRESS 6.30 / MULTIPROG Core PHOENIX CONTACT Software GmbH 5.51.665
PC WORX / PC WORX EXPRESS PHOENIX CONTACT GmbH & Co. KG 6.30.2907

I will do some more research later

A first result: also happens in Safe Mode of Server Installation of

Version7.3.0.0.alpha1+ (x64) | Build ID b8d17d754830ab57099dcdfa72a96bfad404ab1a | CPU threads: 12; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19042; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win | Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE | Calc: CL | Special devUserProfile

After having copied a text line from a PDF in Adobe Viewer:
All other applications paste correct current clipboard contents, only LibO pastes old clipboard contents

And newly created User Profile does NOT heal the problem! :disappointed_relieved:

And the Problem is definitely not linked to “PC WORX EXPRESS”

For me 100% reproducible with 7.2.2.2 and 7.3.0.0 from above, newly created user profile:

1. Open a new Writer document, Type “word1 word2 word3 word4”
  2. From (SeaMonkey) Browser URL line copy/paste URL of this page to string “word2” as hyperlink (using Hyperlik Icon from Standard Toolbar)
    »as expected the link will be pasted, and oyu can dlick [ok] to terminate
  3. ˋHighlight string “word1” → rightclick → copyˊ
  4. ˋdoubleclick string “word3” → paste as hyperlink (using Hyperlik Icon from Standard Toolbar) ˊ
    » as expected the string "word1"will be pasted
  5. [ok] to terminate pasting
  6. From (SeaMonkey) Browser URL line copy/paste URL of this page first to an arbitrary plain text editor to check clipboard contents (is the hyperlink), then to to string “word4” as hyperlink (using Hyperlik Icon from Standard Toolbar)
    » unexpectedly the string "word1"will be pasted as per step4 will be pasted :disappointed_relieved:

Of course it’s not a proof that this is a LibO only problem. Also might be a crazy interaction of (my) WIN10 clipboard with LibO
I will try on my WIN10 laptop, soon
And with LibO 6 on this PC, I can’t remember to have seen this effect, but I am not sure.

And there the problem does not exist. So WIN10 clipboard seems at least involved …

I asked for support at alt.comp.os.windows-10, Subject “Clipbard only copies LibreOffice contents to LibreOffice”

I asked for support at alt.comp.os.windows-10, Subject “Clipbard only copies LibreOffice contents to LibreOffice” And got a question / info:

That does not fully explain why I see that only on 1 of my 2 WIN Computers, but it’s a first hint …
Any thoughts?

Following through the links you eventually get to LibreOffice: SystemClipboard Service Reference and thence to Common Application Features - Apache OpenOffice Wiki where the explanation appears to require every program and the OS to follow the OS rules. If there is a communication failure anywhere problems can occur. A clipboard manager might be such a vector.

1 Like