LibreOffice Writer text highlighting of search results

In LibreOffice Writer I wish to change the highlighted text color for search results when using Find.
Currently the highlighted/selected text is shown with a thin-green-bordered box around the found text.
I wish to change this box to a solid color but cannot find any setting that will achieve this.
Can anyone please advise?

LibreOffice Writer Version: 5.1.6.2
Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya

same problem for me
LibreOffice Writer Version:Version: 6.0.2.1
Linux Mint 18.3 64 bit xfce

The highlight colour is taken from desktop theme configuration. It is external to LibreOffice.

To change the highlight colour, use the utility for your desktop manager. Detailed instruction vary for KDE, Gnome/MATE, Xfce, LXDE, MacOS, Windows, …

To show the community your question has been answered, click the ✓ next to the correct answer, and “upvote” by clicking on the ^ arrow of any helpful answers. These are the mechanisms for communicating the quality of the Q&A on this site. Thanks!

1 Like

thanks for the hint.
with the xfce4-settings-manager - appearance I can select several themes.
Is there any possibility to change the highlighting color without selecting a new theme?

Sorry for late answer. I think it is possible with the theme customisation utility. Note that you’ll change the highlight colour for all applications.

Also can see Altering the Colour of Highlighting of Text found by Search in Writer (Expert Configuration).