LO 24.2.5.2 only one instance

I was using LO 7.X, installed an updated version 24.2.5.2 using AppImage, with version 7.X, when I open a second file (document or spreadsheet), on the left side of my desktop, shows only one icon (I’m assuming one instance of apps, Calc or Writer), with AppImage, it showed 2, does it mean that there’re 2 instances of LO running? Is there a way to configure LO to run only one instance of the apps? Sorry English is not my native language, please see the attached screen.

I have LibreOffice docked to the Ubuntu bar. When I click that icon, I get the start center. Whenever I start a component by opening a document (Writer, Calc, Base etc.), a second icon appears for that component. This way, desktop managers try to mimic separate LO applications. The system monitor shows only one soffice process, though.

With AppImage, it behaves the way you said, but when installed with package installer, it showed only one icon, but when you hover cursor over the icon, it showed as many documents (either ods or odt) as you have opened.

or your desktop manager ?

maybe check with ps what the difference can be …

Thanks, there are 2 ps, one I believe is from the apps itself (~ 500MB in size), the other much smaller (~ 2MB). Will try to find out more about them.

I would strongly recommend to read questions before writing. How is your comment even related to the number of icons in a desktop environment???

Does it matter, who I am?
In this thread you seems to be the only one concerned on speed of computers. And I can neither see how this is related to the initial question nor why the given small screenshot would lead to your suggestion of using a database. Maybe you are in the wrong thread?

Ok! Please forgive my unsustainable reaction.

I’ll refrain from posting comments for this topic.

Regards

1 Like