LO does not show drives

Version: 7.2.3.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: a49ed84f3d037188bbbcb324f9afc3796d887539
CPU threads: 6; OS: Linux 5.13; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-GB (en_AU.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: CL

note: LO is installed from the snap store.

Problem;
When opening or saving files, LO default file manager will show only the home drive. To select another drive, I must navigate either to mnt or media directories in root directory. Drives can be found, but the labels used are the system labels, not the user defined labels: in other words, no aliases shown. LO seems to have no means to configure the default file manager to show other drives when open/save files, nor to show the drive aliases.

Desired:
I wish LO to show the other drives when open/save file is needed, and to show also the user-defined aliases for the drives.

You didn’t mention the name of your distro.

Here Fedora 35 with KDE Plasma desktop. When I open or save, in the dialog left pane, I have a list of “preferred” locations (Home, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, …) and below a list of “devices” (partitions and removables). This looks like a pretty standard OS dialog.

You should check Tools>Options, Libre Office>General, Open/Save Dialogs. There is a check box Use LibreOffice dialogs which should be unticked to access the standard OS ones.

Hello and thank you for reply. Distro is Ubuntu 21.10. I did review the menu item you note. Unchecked gives the problem noted. Checked, gives me a dialogue box. I learned I need to add directories manually. The user alias will show if the drive is listed in the root/media directory - good! But the system label shows if the drive is listed in the root/mnt directory - not good. I learned also a Snap install may indeed limit access to system directories: something to do with sandboxing. So my ‘problem’ could be a combination of the o/s and LO snap release. I see no solution, so should this topic be a feature request?

I don’t know. This development area is at the border with the OS. It is likely it is highly dependent on the brand and not portable easily unless a lot of time is devoted to the task.

If the problem is in the Snap release, use the standard package wit apt-get. I personally prefer the version in the standard repos, even if this means some lag against the home site.

Thanks for comments. True. Prior to the latest LO release, I preferred the repo releases. But the new repo release installs with a few annoying bugs, for me: like no fonts show in selection box; no help files; and more. The snap solves all the bugs, except the snap does not integrate fully with the o/s, most likely due to the sandboxing. I have tried to purge and reinstall LO, but the bugs remain. I am very hesitant to fresh install Ubuntu, reformat, etc, again.

SOLVED.
How…
Delete Ubuntu.
Install Pop!_OS
voila, all problems resolved.

Instead of distro hopping you may simply use bookmarks or symlinks.