Lock an Image to a page so it can't be moved?

So I’m using Writer to create music pages using 8x10.5 images of sheet music placed on a page. I’ve made what I want, but need to add text numbers (for fingers) over/under the notes. However, often when I click within the page is selects the sheet music image and I can move it. I would like to lock the image so it CAN’T be selected and then draw on top of it. Currently, every time I try to place a number the images often gets selected (blue squares in the corners) and I inadvertently shift the image. So is there a wat to lock the image so it can’t be selected?

Draw might be a better tool to use. In Draw:

1. Place the image on the page in the size and position you want.
  2. At the bottom, right click the Layout tab and select Modify layer. Tick the box Locked
  3. In the same area, right click and select Insert layer, leave name at Layer4 or change it, and click OK
  4. Click Insert > Text box F2 and click at an appropriate place in the document. Type some text, it will probably be too big.
    1. Select the text box so you see 8 handles
    2. In the Sidebar, select Styles (Alt+2) that is the icon that looks like an A with a paintbrush
    3. Right click Default Drawing Style and select Modify style. In the Font tab select the font and font size to suit; in the Font Effects tab change the colour to desired. OK
  5. Add another text box where you want another text and type, the typed text will be in the font and colour that you have set.
  6. To add new pages click Page > New page.
    1. To add other backgrounds untick Locked, insert the other images into the new pages then tick Locked again. Select Layer4 before trying to add text boxes
  7. The page(s) can be exported as pdf or page only in other format such as svg or png

I had tried Draw, but couldn’t figure out some items. Your instructions solved that. Thanks! Is there a way to display two or more pages on screen?

You can click Window > New Window and arrange the windows so both are on screen. In screenshot below, I have arranged 4 windows of the same document which is probably excessive.