Looking for a function to display blank fields in column C when the formula is copied into subsequent rows.=C2+A3-B3

I can get the formula to display blank fields in column C using if formula if an entry is in either column A or column B, but not if entries are made into both column A and column B. Can anyone help get a function to work in this way? For example, if C2 was 1, A3 was 4 and B3 was 2, then =C2+A3-B3 would display the correct answer of 3 in C3. If the formula is copied into cell C4, it would also display 3. I am looking for a way to have cell C4 be blank until entries are made into cells A4 and B4.

Answer of Calculate difference between two cells - Part 2 maybe helpful for you?

Hello @IanT,

Please try the following formula in cell C4:

=IF(AND(ISNUMBER(A4); ISNUMBER(B4));C3+A4-B4;"")

Thank you Grantler for answering my query. However, it does not work. I tried the formula out and when numbers are input to columns A or B, column C remains blank instead of updating. Any other suggestions?

“It does not work” doesn’t tell us what “it” is. Perhaps edit your original question, or add a comment, to show exactly what you tried.