macOS Ventura window auto-raise

Given:
16" MacBook Pro 2019 - Intel
Stage Manager: Disabled
Trackpad Tap to Click: Disabled
RAM: 32 GB
Storage: 1TB

Version: 7.4.5.1 / LibreOffice Community (installed from website, not Apple’s App Store)
CPU threads: 16; OS: Mac OS X 13.2.1; UI render: default; VCL: osx
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

Recently, I upgraded to LibreOffice 7.4.5. I noticed an unusual “feature” that I can not find a remedy. This “feature” is impacting my workflow.

The Problem:

1. Launch LO 7.4.5
  2. Create two blank Writer documents.
    One window will overlap the other (as long as you are not in full screen mode).
  3. If you take your mouse cursor over the top of the partially visible status bar (the lowest bar in LO) the window in the back will auto-raise, but the window focus remains on the original window.
  4. The mouse seems to select the window, without clicking / selecting the window in question.
  5. Other installed local apps for example Pages and Word do not have the same auto-raise issue. Read: I have to physically click on the window for the window to change.
  6. Returning to LO 7.4.5, all I have to do is drag my mouse to the dock and my windows change “auto-magically”
  7. This is not a feature.

Solution tried:
A. LibreOffice > Preferences > View > Mouse
Positioning: No Automatic Positioning
Middle Button: No Function
B. I did a quick look at Expert Configuration, but I didn’t see anything that seemed to address this issue.
C. I tried LO 7.5.1, same problem.

Note:
I have a second 16" MacBook Pro (Intel) with Monterey 12.6.2.
Trying LO 7.4.5.1 I do not see this window auto-rise auto focus issue.

Thank you for your suggestions.

1 Like

Same error… :frowning:

Version: 7.4.6.2 / LibreOffice Community (installed from website, not Apple’s App Store)
Build ID: 5b1f5509c2decdade7fda905e3e1429a67acd63d
CPU threads: 10; OS: Mac OS X 13.2.1; UI render: default; VCL: osx
Locale: hu-HU (en_HU.UTF-8); UI: hu-HU
Calc: threaded

tdf#152173

1 Like