Maintaining split database

What’s the best way to maintain a split database?
Is it to amend the split version or keep an ‘unsplit’ version to edit and then copy the changed tables/queries/reports/forms etc back into the split version

I’m Windows 10 LO Version: 7.0.5.2 (x64) using HSQL

Hello,

Keep it as a split database. Once you are certain the conversion is good, the embedded version is no longer needed. For backups, make a copy of the split folder.

With the split version you can now upgrade the database version if wanted by simply replacing the jar file. Of course this may necessitate other changes but at least you have the option to upgrade.

Also note, with questions asked, it will be more important to include the HSQLDB version used as each has its’ variations.

Thanks for the answer. I forgot to add the version info.
I’m Version: 7.0.5.2 (x64)
Build ID: 64390860c6cd0aca4beafafcfd84613dd9dfb63a
CPU threads: 2; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19042; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-GB (en_GB); UI: en-GB
Calc: threaded
I can’t see the HSQLDB version in there so where do I find that ?
In your original response you talk about upgrading the database. By upgrae do you mean newer version of different database?

@Ryetee,

Thanks for the information but was not actually asking for it for this question. Simply stating you need to be careful in posting future questions because your database can be one of many versions now.

I also understand your dilemma. You should always know what you have installed. However, even I when testing, get confused as to which version I have just swapped to. You can get your database name and version by running a macro. It is posted here → How do I display the HSQLDB Embedded version?.

By upgrade I mean a newer version of the same database. This is your option but does allow access to newer functionality implemented in a database. With HSQLDB embedded (v1.8.x) it is stuck there for many years and compared to new versions is far behind what can now more easily be done.

Belated thanks…