Master Document Format -Line spacing trouble

I am going into styles and changing the line spacing on my document. I have tried this on the master document & the 1st document. Either way, it only changes the 1st paragraph. How do I change my entire book to 1.5 spacing?

Also, I want to start each new chapter/document on a new page. So, I want the master document to always start new chapters on a fresh page.
Thanks in advance for any help given.

It is depends on the applied paragraph styles and on the structure of the applied styles.

Please upload your ODF type sample file here.

1 Like

If your text depends on a specific style (say Body Text) you may alter the paragraph style in your Master Document and all the other Body Text paragraphs will follow.
Beware of manual formatting instead of style formatting. Manually formatted parts of the text won’t be changed.

Start each single chapter with a manual page break and the Master Document will follow after import.

BTW: Could you specify the question’s title regarding Master Document format.

1 Like

EV CH 1.odt (49.0 KB)

This is the first document in the master doc. But, changing the style has produced the same results no matter if I made the change here or the master doc. Thanks so much for taking the time to look at it.

This answered the 2nd question about the page break. Thank you!!

@diegonomad
Please specify your question into Master Document - page break or similar.
Then open a new question with question Master Document - line spacing or similar.

In your new question upload sample files like MyMasterDocument.odm and additionally your first or another chapter (like you have done in an above comment). Thank you.
If this website does not accept the odm file format so rename your Master Document into MyMasterDocument.odm.odt or similar. - Godspeed

EDIT
Checking your sample file for the first time: I’m sorry, it is badly formatted.

• Learn more about first line indent and about using the standard paragraph style (avoid to use it!). Instead use Body Text paragraph style. Nothing to know about the styles will cause insufficient results and loads of correction steps…
  • The solution for one-lined-paragraphs to have 1.5 spacing is to define spacing below paragraph in cm or pt…