Mdb files not loading to base

@Ratslinger - How is it possible that this incredibly detailed “how-to” has only one (1) upvote (mine!)??? This is brilliant. It deserves a medal, not a “badge”! :slight_smile: Thank you!

@dajare Thank you for the comment & support. I certainly would not use terms like ‘brilliant’ or ‘deserves a medal’ as, in fact, I discovered this product years ago when needing something for Linux. Like so many other answers presented in ANY forum, most of the questions presented have have already been answered somewhere. It simply requires a little effort (or in a couple of cases a year or two) to fit things together.

Do these instructions work for Mac OS? I do not have the option of Tools - Options and get stuck at that point.

@bammbamm401 Tools>Options menu selection on Mac is LibreOffice>Preferences. However the above is specifically for Windows 10. Have also done with Linux but personally have not tried Mac OS (no access to one). From some basic searching, it seems it should work. Here is the website → UCanAccess. There is an active discussion section there which should be able to help if needed.

When I test connection in the set up user authentication I get an error of UCAExc:::4.0.4 null. I have checked the class path and the parameters and they are both the correct paths. I know this is an old question and I hope someone see this and knows what is up in my case.

@ratslinger : Thanks for the detailed steps to set up UCanAccess connector and the LO base Advanced settings. Very precise and accurate. Worked great in MS10 x64, a MSAccess2003 MDB and with LO 5.4.5.1 (x64). Connected to 12 tables with over 100,000 records. Next step is to copy tables to new odb and see how the speed is.