Merge new CSV data into existing calc sheet

Excel allowed me to easily add data from a new CSV file to an existing sheet. Hoping Librecalc can do but I seem to first have to open CSV in a brand new ods sheet - which means I have to reformat layout every time. Is possible or not?

Does this answer help, Import CSV data from a file INTO an EXISTING spreadsheet. - #2 by mariosv ?

It is probably renamed to Sheet > External links on your version of LO

Thanks I’ll checkout the helpful answers

Select the new data in “the brand new sheet”, copy them there, and use “Paste Special…” without the formats into your existing sheet.

If you use the solution suggested in the old thread by @mariosv, you shouldn’t forget to break the link finally. And I don’t know a way to avoid the dialog opening during the proceeding by setting fixed options.
Using a fix set of import options is possible with the help of user code as demonstrated in this attached example (22.7 KB). It also avoids irritations by the helper document created interim. It is opened hidden and closed automatically.
I didn’t consider the formatting in this case.
= = =
Now there is this reworked version (26.7 KB). It has in addition a Sub which uses a different way of data transfer, and preserves the cell formats in the target range.