[META] strange experience with ask.libreoffice; How to understand?

About 6 weeks ago I had a very strange experience here:

1. I posted an answer to a question (/de/questions/60610) in the German branch.
  2. I tried to return to the topic later, but got the message “Sorry, this content is no longer available”.
  3. Some hours or a day later I got the “red alert” next to my user name and found a message about the OP having commented my answer.
  4. I tried to use the link in the message (wanted to post or comment again; thought the deletion was reverted).
  5. …“Sorry, this content is no longer available”.
  6. The “red alert” was continuously on for me since, despite the fact that no unvisited notification was shown any longer.
  7. Now I deleted many of the notifications - and the one about the missing thread was back.
  8. I again tried to use the link (also omitting the text part) …“Sorry, this content is no longer available”.
  9. I now deleted the notification.
    10. Why is there not a notification about the deletion of a thread I contributed to (including the user who did)?
    And, with respect to the chronology: “How possible?”

Hi @lupp

I suspect that you already know the answer to this one by now. However, as I am wading through hundreds & hundreds of questions from folks whose messages got hidden due to being released from moderation weeks (or months) after being posted, this answer may prove to be a bit of a history lesson.

Shortly after you posted this question (jan 6 from memory) the Administrator here visited the site, then fell into a deep sleep. Meanwhile, beneath the troubled waters, the site was in deep trouble. Eventually, 2 questions managed to provoke the management to wake up and act:-

Why does the Notification Javascript no longer Work?
(this is the one that eventually got the ‘red alerts’ fixed)

(I cannot recall the name of the 2nd question) (aha! I remembered!)

Is moderation killing Ask LibreOffice?

(the answer incidentally illuminates some of the multiple corruptions within this site)