Mixing page sizes in Writer

I need to be able to mix A5 portrait (default), A5 landscape and A4 landscape. Output will be PDF so there isn’t a problem with physical printers. I already have the A5 formats but can’t work out how to add an A4 page style into the mix.

@igoddard,

You can previously define the page layouts in Styles (F11), or change the page format after.

In menu Insert - More Breaks - Manual Break…, under Type select Page break, and select your predefined style.

More help on Insert Manual Break.

To add more information, you could edit your question, or comment an answer. Do not use Answer to comment.

If the answer solved your question, mark the circle to the left.

It’s defining the 3rd style that’s the problem.

The page style organiser is counter intuitive. I have a default set to A5 and landscape, A5 landscape. There is a pre-defined list of extra styles and no apparent way to add another such as A4L. The Custom styles section of the organiser is greyed out with no obvious way to enable it

The entire page style menu seems to seize focus but remain unresponsive for prolonged periods - I can eventually cancel it.

This is 6.3.6 installed only a few days ago replacing 6.2.8.

@igoddard,

No clear to me what is happen.

A few suggestions to get more help from the community:

• Edit the title to something like “Problems adding a new page style”.
  • Edit the question, and add to it your operating system.

LibreOffice Help on Creating and Applying Page Styles.

The solution seems to be:

1. Ignore setting up page styles.
  2. Add a manually selected page style as advised
  3. Select one of the page styles I’m not using, e.g. Right page.
  4. Set that up as A4 landscape.
  5. Note that it hasn’t inherited any things such as headings and page numbers so et that up.
  6. After adding content to that page note that simply going to a new page causes that next page to be Left page style - A4 portrait. Oops.
  7. Use the organiser to set the next page style to be default.
    OS by the way is Devuan/KDE Ascii