Mouse scrolls by pages instead by frames

When I scroll with my mouse wheel, Writer jumps to the next page instead scrolling down enough to show the lines following those on the screen. The scrolling works properly in all my other programs, like this website does on Chrome. How do I fix this? It’s a major irritation with using Writer.

If you are on Windows, it might be worth checking that Control Panel > Mouse > Wheel is set to 3 lines (or close to) per notch.

There is a radio button that says One screen at a time, if that is checked you will get each notch taking you to the top of the next page each time.

That’s even worse: it doesn’t fix the LO problem (now it doesn’t scroll far enough!), and makes my other programs and every website scroll too little. The problem is LO is not using the system settings like every other program I use. I used to use Open Office until the same poor scrolling behavior made me nuts, so I switched to LO - and it does the same thing!

Apparently, this problem is deeply embedded in the code, and no one can figure out how to fix it. Is the only way to “fix” this to use MS Office?

Then increase the lines per notch, or if you want to scroll by screen in your browser then click between the scroll bar and the end, or use Page Down.

If you have mouse set to One Screen at a time then that is how the programs are forced to scroll by the operating system.

I do have the mouse set for One Screen, and all my other programs obey that setting - but not Libre Office and not Open Office. I really prefer to scroll with mouse, so using clicking on the scroll bar or using Page Down is a distraction, but workable. Do you have any idea why LO does not follow the system setting, and if anyone is working to get LO compliant with the system setting?

I also wish I could use my touch screen to scroll the pages. Is that something planned?

You can post as a bug on Bugzilla that LO scrolls one page at a time instead of one screen at a time

I don’t have a touch screen, I can scroll in LO using the trackpad on my laptop. If you can scroll on other programs but not in LO then you should post as a bug.