My default path for documents is not correct

When I click on a recent document, the path is not where the document is stored and I get a message that says C:\Users\linda\Documents\Golf Envelopes\Envelope1.odt does not exist. I can see the document in the path c:/this pc/documents/golf envelopes. I tried to change the path in tools, but the “My Path” is referring to onedrive and the not found message is referring to a /user path. I was going to reset my computer to an earlier time to try to get rid of one drive changes. Is there a way to fix this, other than a reset? Thanks.

Just use File -> Open and navigate to your file’s location and forget the recent documents list (remove any entry which point to a non-existing location).

Thanks, the one drive “feature” has really messed me up. Once I open the file, the recent document path is correct. I forgot how to say this question is answered.

Please click the check mark (:heavy_check_mark:) next to the answer - which I have created after your feedback to my comment. since I wasn’t sure whether my comment addresses your problem correctly.

Hello

Just use File -> Open and navigate to your file’s location and forget the recent documents list (remove any entry which point to a non-existing location).

Hope that helps.

If the answer helped to solve your problem, please click the check mark (:heavy_check_mark:) next to the answer.

To mass adjust things, if you are brave and can handle an editor to edit a bit more complicated data you could close all instances of LibreOffice and then edit (backup first!) the registrymodifications.xcu file in your user profile and adjust the <node oor:name="file://..." names for the <item oor:path="/org.openoffice.Office.Histories/Histories/org.openoffice.Office.Histories:HistoryInfo['PickList']/ItemList"> elements (so search for PickList and see the start of the next <node element).

I think I am going to try to restore to an earlier time. The OneDrive has apparently moved files, not just copied them. My database links don’t work anymore and I would either have to figure out how to redo them or copy the files from wherever OneDrive has placed them and put them back on my computer in the location Libre is looking for them. It will be awhile before I touch anything like OneDrive again!