Navigator no longer switches to images when an image is clicked

Previous behavior: Click on an image in a document, the Navigator pane would switch to its Images section with the clicked image highlighted there. Very useful.

Current behavior: Navigator remained in whatever section it was in, such as Headings, Tables, or Hyperlinks.

Note that clicking on text causes Navigator to switch to Headings with the heading of the text highlighted, clicking in a table causes Navigator to switch to Tables with the clicked table highlighted, and clicking on a hyperlink causes Navigator to switch to Hyperlinks with the clicked hyperlink highlighted.

Was this functionality removed for images? Or, did I do something that turned it off? If so, how do I turn it back on.

I am using:

• Version: 7.5.9.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
  • Build ID: cdeefe45c17511d326101eed8008ac4092f278a9
  • CPU threads: 20; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 22621; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
  • Locale: en-US (en_US); UI: en-US
  • Calc: CL threaded

Windows 11, .odt file format

This still works for me without any problems.

With me:
Version: 24.2.0.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: b1fd3a6f0759c6f806568e15c957f97194bbec8f
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE
Calc: CL threaded

First steps to take before submitting a bug

I have created a short document with headings, text, and three images. This demonstrates the issue, as least on my system. File attached.
SampleImageNavProblem.odt (79.0 KB)

Even with your file, all destinations (images) are jumped to in the Navigator when they are selected.

Recurrence of Navigator jumping to wrong place in document?

No. The registrymodifications.xcu was bloated with history entries as with that problem, but fixing this did not restore Navigator/Images functionality.

Further investigation indicates once again LO’s user profile is unreliable.

Restarting in Safe Mode with no changes restored the Navigation/Images functionality. Restarting in Normal Mode brought back the problem. Resetting some factory settings fixed the problem:
In Safe Mode, 1) click “Reset to factory settings”, 2) click “Reset settings and user interface modifications”, 3) click “Restart in Normal Mode”. Problem solved.

Comment: Although I have only about 5 minor user interface modifications (key shortcuts), I am most unhappy with having to restore them every time the user profile screws up.

This seems to be a Window$-special offer granted after every update (OS as well as LO) :wink:

@ajlittoz ,
That seems to be a fallacy.
I have LibreOffice on Windows for well over 10 years.
I have installed all Windows updates and all LO versions.
So far I have only had this problem once.

I hope there isn’t a bit of schadenfreude in your comment? :wink:

I just realized that Deepl doesn’t know the German Schadenfreude.

@Hrbrgr 's tut nichts. Ich verstehe “Schadenfreude” Wort und Bild (ohne DeepL). It was probably ill-placed humour at attempting to soothe the pain, according to the number of identical complaints on AskLO. Statistically, this occurs more under W$ than MacOS or Linux, perhaps because W$ changes too much, too fast?

Unfortunately, according to the user profile notes, there is still no exact localization of possible errors.

Or do you know more about it?