Need shortcut key to insert Time(fixed) into a journal document

1. What is shown in the respective positions of my example after Ctrl+F9 ?
    Should be Date (fixed)
  2. What is shown in your example after having copied one of my fields and pasted it into your document?
    What now after Ctrl+F9 ?
  3. What is shown in a specific place after Ctrl+F9 if you first inserted there your newly created AutoText entry?
  4. Please finally attach your (very reduced) example file.
  5. I always prefer date fields which actually are date-time fields. To restrict the display to time only is simple, but the field will still know the date and show it again later if needed.

@Lupp Thanks for your help. Today I finally got the AutoText to work. It wasn’t obvious that you had to select text in the body of a working document before invoking the AutoText dialog before you’d be able to click AutoText->New.

I would still like to know why the developers have changed the previous default on the insert menu to the current, miserable situation.

[Sorry! I had missed that @EarnestAl already had suggested this way as a (better) alternative.]
Having read through the thread once more, I feel sure that this is a “typical case” for a user-defined AutoText entry.
Unfortunately it can’t be passed directly to you. You need to create the text piece yourself, and to create the respective AutoText entry for your own user profile(s).
More details you find in the attached example.

disask95622FixedFormattedDateTimeAsAutoTextEntry.odt (61.3 KB)

1 Like