Need to recover important text file

i know the ‘tools/options/path’’ method, but i don’t see (or know how) to see/restore previous versions of this very important to me file. help!

Added information: My OS is Win 10.
(Edited by @Lupp)

If you really need help, reword your question (don’t addd a comment, this is not a forum and there is no notion of “thread” or conversation). Mention OS name (because recovery methods are specific of OS), LO version and save format.

Tell us if this is disaster recovery after some form of computer crash (which one? Power failure, OS error, program error, user error, …). Explain your backup strategy. Give us hint where you usually save your document (have you searched the corresponding directory/folder)? Are you using the built-in versioning feature?

Give any details which could hint at a solution because we can’t see your screen nor read your mind.

Libre Office Writer. Don’t think computer crashed, just had an interruption that caused file to be corrupted. Can’t seem to find recent copy to restore.

Which OS? Windows, MacOS, Linux, …? Have saved over your previous version (File>Save instead of File>Save As)? If this is the case, nothing can be done. You may eventually use a scavenging utility which will explore the deleted/replaced files on your disks but your chances of success are low because this requires no activity on your computer in order not to overwrite yet other deleted files. It depends also on how saturated your disk is: the less available free space, the more overwrites over previously deleted data.

IMHO, this is an OS problem rather than LO because you seem to have followed standard procedure.

What makes you think that the file got corrupted? If it is not large and not confidential, attach it to your question.

Sorry, Windows 10

This is not an answer (and alo not a comment).
If you are asked to give more information, you should add it to the original question by editing. At the end of a sequence of postings it may easily not get attention by helpers.

A very central informatiopn you should also give (add):
By what did you notice that the file was corrupted or needed otherwise special action?

1 Like

Try this.

Sorry, 1st time user

Libre Office told me that file was corrupted.

Which exact wording for the message?

1 Like