Negative karma

According to my ‘Karma Chart’ I lost 2 karma points on this question but have no understanding why someone would down check me.
Is there any way to find what that person’s problem was?
Thanks,
Mike

(ajlittoz: I took the liberty to retag your question to meta as this is a question about the AskLO site while common targets problems occurring in all components of the suite)

A 2 score looks like something related to closing question. Was the question closed and reopened by someone?

–2 For canceling of answer acceptance

Source: How are karma points determined?

You accepted (+2), canceled (-2) and re-accepted (+2) the right answer. So, for two weeks, you lost 2 karma point previously obtained.

2 0 Where do I find explanations for error messages? ( Jan 31 '21 )

0 -2 Where do I find explanations for error messages? ( Jan 17 '21 ) 17:00:54

2 0 Where do I find explanations for error messages? ( Jan 17 '21 ) 16:59:34

Source: Profile - MikeMcClain46 - Ask LibreOffice

Add Answer is reserved for solutions. If you think the answer is not satisfactory, add a comment below, or click edit (below your question) to add more information. Thanks.

Check the mark (Answer markCorrect answer mark) to the left of the answer that solves your question.

Did it to myself, did I?

Why am I not surprised?

Thanks for the explanation.

Be well,
Mike

Given the timing of the first two events, that was just a usual problem of slow UI: when you click on Accept, it does not immediately become green - the communication with server likely takes time, and users (myself included) sometimes suppose they mis-clicked, and click again; then the green is shown, and users don’t see that a few seconds later, their second click made it grey again :slight_smile: