No customer information screen at the beginning of the installation

Hi,

Win10 pro, multi user system (1 admin, 1 non admin principle user)

During the installation of the newest stable version 6.3.4, i do not get the customer information screen at the beginning, where I can indicate to install for all users (among others). How can i get this back? Is there perhaps some lingering key in the registry?

I first did (as admin user) an install over a previous version of LibreOffice (that was deleted from the PC as expected). The installation process indicated all OK. But LibreOffice did not start under either user. The buttons in start are there, when clicked the pointer changes shape to a circle, then goes back to the arrow, … and nothing else happens…

So I deleted LibreOffice from the PC, rebooted, and tried a new install. Same result.

Help anyone?
Thanks and kind regards,
Jan S.

Shooting in the dark:

Try right click on the installer and select “Run as Administrator”. (Yes, that makes a difference even when you are logged in with admin rights.)

i do not get the customer information screen at the beginning, where I can indicate to install for all users (among others).

Which version included that? LibreOffice can only be installed for all users, so no need to provide a choice of a single option. That LibreOffice does not start is something unrelated to the “for all users” thing. Start with resetting user profile(s).

Ok, I rebooted again, and did a custom install. I was still did not get the customer information screen, but LibreOffice did fire up, with a warning that last startup had crasched. Works fine now.

as for “which version included that?”: it is currently on the site at https://nl.libreoffice.org/ondersteuning/installatie-instructies/windows/

Is there any way I can indicate this question as solved?

wow, v.3.5 is the latest on nl site? 0_o

Is there any way I can indicate this question as solved?

You should be able to click the “Tick bullet” at your own answer, to the left, just below the vote counter.